(as of Jan 08,2022 02:56:22 UTC – Details)
Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac Pro Edition is a fast, easy and powerful application designed to run Windows on Mac for developers, testers and experienced power users. It’s been specifically tailored for those users seeking powerful performance and extended functionality for running non-Mac apps on their Intel or Apple M1 Mac. Switch seamlessly between Mac and Windows applications, open Windows files and apps quickly and easily from the Mac Dock and use familiar Mac gestures in Windows applications. Leverage the Mac-favorite Touch Bar with Windows, copy and paste text and images, or drag and drop files between OSs. Run Windows applications inside a virtual machine, develop and test apps or websites across dozens of different operating systems, and use Vagrant, Jenkins and other development tools with ease. Powerful performance fuels the most demanding applications with lightning speed. Plus, enjoy nested virtualization, VM templates, linked clones, and the ability to manage your virtual machines from a command line interface. Parallels Desktop runs on the latest macOS releases and supports a variety of operating systems, including Windows 10, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. Automatically optimize your virtual machine settings for your primary usage scenario, or instantly allocate the optimal amount of CPU & memory resources to Windows for maximum productivity. Includes Parallels Toolbox with 30+ tools to simplify everyday tasks: record your screen, clean your drive, take screenshots or download a video—all with a single click. It’s no wonder millions of Mac users trust Parallels.
Let’s Stay Connected! Stay up to date on the latest product news and exclusive offers just for you! Near the product title, click on the Visit the Corel Store hyperlink and then the +Follow button when you reach the store.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is an active Internet connection required to use the product? Internet connection is required for product activation, updates and select features.
- Does Windows come pre-installed with Parallels Desktop for Mac? Parallels Desktop will guide you through installation, but you need a Windows license from Microsoft.
- What is the subscription period? Your subscription will be valid for 365 days from the date of activation. Your subscription will need to be renewed after that to continue using the product.
- Can I use my license on multiple Mac computers? Parallels licenses are valid only on one Mac per license. You can move your license from one Mac to another if needed.
- Does Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac support the Apple M1 chip? Version 17 provides full native support for Mac computers equipped with either Intel or Apple M1 chip. Please be advised there are differences in functionality and supported guest operating systems. For more information, please visit the Parallels website.
- I have some virtual machines on Intel Mac. Can I move to the Mac with Apple M1 chip? The Parallels team suggests you keep an Intel Mac if you need older OSes and not ready to migrate to their ARM versions. Using Parallels Access, you can have older OSes running on your Intel Mac and access them remotely from your new M1 Mac. Parallels Access is included in the Parallels Desktop Pro subscription or can be purchased separately from the Parallels website.
Product Dimensions:5.25 x 1.25 x 7.5 inches; 1.81 Ounces
Item model number:PDPROAGBX1YAZ
Date First Available:August 9, 2021
Manufacturer:Corel Inc. Digital Software
Country of Origin:USA
Seamlessly run Windows applications and games side by side with macOS applications without rebooting your Mac
Optimized for macOS Monterey (when released), Big Sur, and Catalina to support the latest features and functionality
Run multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux, and macOS at the same time in a virtual machine to efficiently transfer data and share resources
Designed for professionals, the Pro Edition provides more processing power and features to develop, design, debug, and test using all major platforms, browsers, or an isolated environment
Rebuilt and optimized to natively run on Apple M1 and Intel-based Mac devices, improving speed and performance